Commercial Fisheries Statistics Project-Marine Fisheries Program
Old Lyme, CT
|Date Opened||10/8/2020 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 - $14.00 per hr|
|Close Date||10/19/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
The Commercial Fisheries Statistics Project of the Marine Fisheries Program has an opening for a Seasonal Resource Assistant. This position is based out of DEEP Marine Headquarters in Old Lyme, CT but due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the incumbent will telework initially and internet access will be required. The job duties will consist of office related work and the preferred candidate must be proficient working with computers and have database experience in both Microsoft Excel and Access.
Salary: Pay rate is $12.00 - $14.00/hr. depending on relevant education and experience.
Length of position: Preferred applicants will be available to work full-time for the full six month duration of the position. Anticipated total duration is 1030 hours.
There are no health benefits. Applicants are required to upload a resume with their submission.
An overview of all Marine Fisheries Projects can be found on the CT DEEP Fishing web page: https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Fishing/CT-Fishing
Hiring Supervising/Contact Information:
Commercial Fisheries Statistics contacts:
Colleen Bouffard Colleen.Bouffard@ct.gov
Renee St. Amand Renee.St.Amand@ct.gov
Preferred applicants will:
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.