|Date Opened||9/25/2020 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$105,113 - $143,324/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||10/19/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The Office of the State Treasurer exists to provide and ensure effective financial management of public resources, high standards of professionalism and integrity, and expanding opportunity for State of Connecticut residents and businesses.
We are accepting applications for the position of Investment Officer, to work in the Pension Funds Management Division at our location in Hartford, CT. This is an unclassified position, and is appointed in accordance with Section 3-13a of the Connecticut General Statues (CGS). The position is full-time (40 hours per week), with a Monday - Friday schedule.
The Pension Funds Management Division assists the State Treasurer, as principal fiduciary, in the administration of the $34 billion Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds (CRPTF). The CRPTF consists of six State Pension Funds and nine State Trust Funds. The funds are invested in a diversity of asset classes and exist to sustain 219,000 teachers, state and municipal employees.
The incumbent in the role of Investment Officer - Private Markets will assist in overseeing the CRPTF Private Market investments, including the Real Estate Fund (REF), the Private Investment Fund (PIF) and the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) that collectively have a target asset allocation of $7.8 billion. Under the general direction of the Principal Investment Officers of each private market fund, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Research and Manager/Investment Selection
· Assist in the identification and selection of appropriate private investments across various sub-strategies including private equity, real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources
· Monitor the investable universe and maintain a database of opportunities across the spectrum of private investments
· Assist in the evaluation and selection of external investment managers and a variety of investment vehicles – including fund investments, direct investments and co-investments
· Review and evaluate investment ideas, trends and strategies across all private investment asset classes
· Stay abreast of capital market conditions and pro-actively identify and research new strategic initiatives and tactical investment opportunities
· Conduct independent research and analysis of potential investments and investment managers
· Determine consistency with established investment objectives and criteria and clearly articulate findings and recommendations to the PIO
· Assess risk factors associated with assigned investment opportunities
Monitoring and Risk Management
· Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis, and reporting of investments as well as the aggregate portfolios
· Attend annual meetings as needed, conduct quarterly calls and/or meetings each quarter with each manager and provide written overview of communications with managers
· Review quarterly reports and financial statements and communicate significant team, valuation or policy changes
· Monitor existing investments for compliance with established objectives, guidelines; and parameters
· Prepare a variety of reports including special project reports, reports on investment performance, and correspondence
· Establish and maintain investment databases and prepare spreadsheets and other presentations of investment information
· Discuss investment issues and problems with external investment managers and recommend appropriate action
· Prepare portfolio reviews summarizing performance, portfolio analytics and market data
· Prepare and maintain investment reports on fund managers in the portfolios, as well as those under consideration
NOTE: The successful candidate will receive an attractive and commensurate salary, based upon applicable work experience.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a related area, along with:
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact: Lorraine Vittner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.