Climate Planning Office
|Date Opened||9/15/2020 09:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$12.00 -$14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||9/25/2020 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy
The DEEP Office of Climate Planning is looking for a seasonal position to assist the Director with administering the Governor’s Council on Climate Change (GC3). The GC3 is preparing recommendations for the Governor on meeting the state’s goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 45% by 2030 and prepare Connecticut for the effects of climate change.
This position WILL OCCASIONALLY require attending virtual public meetings in the evenings. The Office of Climate Planning is located in Hartford, CT, but due to ongoing social distancing, the position will likely be teleworking through the end of 2020. All candidates will need to have access to a reliable internet connection and computer available for them to use during work hours. The agency cannot provide computer and internet at this time.
Work hours will be approximately 35 hours per week 9am-5pm.
Salary: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour depending on relevant skills and experience. There are no benefits.
Length of position: Position will start immediately and will run through December 31, 2020 with the potential to extend past that date. The maximum duration of the position is 1030 hours.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to Rebecca French, Director of the Office of Climate Planning Rebecca.French@ct.gov
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.