Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries please contact Nancy Flynn at email@example.com or 860-713-6659.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for acting as a working supervisor for a crew of Custodians engaged in the cleaning of buildings.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Plans crew workflow and determines priorities; schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews work; establishes and maintains crew procedures; provides staff training and assistance; conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations; acts as liaison with operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; may make recommendations on policies or standards; may prepare reports and correspondence; ensures supplies and equipment for crew are adequate by reporting shortages to supervisor; performs full range of duties as outlined in Custodian class specification; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of building custodial and/or housekeeping work and related equipment; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some supervisory ability; some ability to utilize computer software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of experience in work that could reasonably be expected to provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
Preferred applicants will have the following qualifications:
• Two (2) years of full-time custodial employment in a high school leading a crew of custodians.
• Experience scheduling, assigning, overseeing, and evaluating the work of staff.
• Experience planning crew workflow and determining priorities.
• Experience monitoring supplies and equipment for crew and reporting shortages to supervisor.
• Experience waxing and polishing floors using floor polishers and buffers.
• Experience moving furniture in a school and/or setting up classrooms with emphasis on returning classrooms to their normal setting after summer cleaning.
• Experience removing snow and ice from stairways and walkways around school buildings.
• Experience performing minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work.
• Experience in providing staff training and assistance.
Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties.
2. A physical examination may be required.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights and may be exposed to risk of injury from equipment and/or assaultive and/or abusive patients or clients.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.