|Date Opened||6/22/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,235* - $70,704/year (*New State Employees Start At Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/1/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH), Immunization program is currently recruiting for two Epidemiologist 1 positions. These Epidemiologist 1 positions report to the Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance Coordinator. They will be responsible for surveillance and follow up of vaccine preventable diseases, such as measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella, and hepatitis B. Duties include interviewing cases and healthcare providers, data entry and analysis of disease data, providing public health recommendations and guidance to local health departments, and answering questions from the general public about immunizations and the diseases that they prevent.
These are full time, 35 hour per week positions. The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday.
These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meet the preferred requirements of the position. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov or 860 509-7180.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a related discipline including community medicine, public health or a related health science may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. A Doctorate in a related discipline such as medicine, public health or a natural or behavioral science may be substituted for the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class must be willing to be immunized for communicable diseases as necessary and appropriate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.