The State of Connecticut is looking for self-starters willing to make a difference. We are working to improve the experience of all those who interact with the State and are making progress, but we’ve still got work to do. That’s where you come in. Come join an organization that provides superior benefits, competitive salaries and where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services' Compute Services Division, part of Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), seeks qualified individuals for the position of Information Technology Analyst 3. This position is located at 55 Farmington Ave, Hartford CT. This is a full-time 35 hours per week position. The standard work schedule is as follows: Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Manager of Identity Access Management.
The successful candidate will perform architectural and operational support of the Microsoft Active Directory environment. Duties include: problem resolution, automation, disaster contingency planning and testing, patching, and product life cycle management including several technologies both on prem and in the IBM ISIM/ISAM, IBM Data Power, Forge Rock and Microfocus (formerly Novell) e-Directory. Looking for motivated, self-initiating individuals with strong collaboration skills and a willingness to learn and grow.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. (Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This position will be responsible for:
• Managing the operational infrastructure of the Active Directory environment;
• Investigating, analyzing and resolving active directory incidents/issues;
• Contributing to continuous improvements within the organization;
• Developing reports/tools to help manage the environments;
• Performing product life cycle management for the active directory environment and associated software;
• Providing expertise to agencies and projects on Active Directory;
• Supporting technologies of the enterprise Active Directory environment including Azure AD;
• Supporting the agency mission critical systems: DCF, DESPP, DEEP, ahCT, DSS, SOTS to name a few.
• Assisting agencies with Active Directory administration and support;
• Working closely with the IT Security, and other teams within BEST and with Agencies to develop and maintain a disaster recovery/business continuity plan;
• Defining metrics and key performance indicators to ensure SLA's are met;
• Working closely with different business units to determine their needs and prioritize projects;
• Fostering relationships with internal IT, business units and vendors;
• Must stay abreast to all leading technologies surrounding access management, task coordination, incident management, and project delivery and performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full
professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of
complex technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design,
implementation and management of a major communications network; providing
technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or
mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major
sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating
in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project
coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming
and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects;
performing any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory;
• Experience with PowerShell Scripting Language;
• Experience with Windows Operating System;
• Experience with VMWare and virtualization;
• Experience with Cloud Computing such as Azure.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.