|Date Opened||4/20/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,294 - $67,661/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||4/29/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut’s Office of Policy and Management is recruiting for an Information Technology Technician (40 Hour) to serve in the Information Technology (IT) Support Division as a Service Desk representative. In this position, you will be joining a three (3) member team responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software within the Office of Policy and Management. In this role, you will also be the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues. You will assist as appropriate, in other areas of the IT Support Division including but not limited to: mobile systems, network infrastructure, and server management.
This position is competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate may be required to perform the loading, lifting and placement of hardware equipment in various installations.
· Diagnose and resolve personal computer, laptops and phone problems;
· Diagnose simple software problems;
· Rebuild personal computers and laptops including configuring user specific settings;
· Install new software releases of simple to moderate complexity;
· Manage Active Directory user accounts;
· Manage agency copiers/printers;
· Maintain agency software inventory;
· Implement security protocols on computer hardware; and
· Develop user documentation for various IT functions.
· Provide first level support for network connectivity or related network issues;
· Assist with, diagnosis and resolve simple network problems;
· Assist with the configuration of network components;
· Manage file server backup and recovery tasks; and
· Perform related duties as required.
· Set up and deploy mobile phones;
· Update / maintain conference room technology on a weekly basis;
· Update / maintain computer training room;
· Maintain data on physical location of assets; and
· Input footprint tickets for service requests to DAS-BEST.
Knowledge of functioning and use of information systems and technology; knowledge of IT equipment; knowledge of help desk management tools and utilities; knowledge of computer operations and methods of preparing work for processing; knowledge of data control functions specific to job stream maintenance and documentation; basic knowledge of concepts of network and microcomputer operating systems; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; technical problem solving skills; logic and analytical skills; ability to install and maintain microcomputer hardware, software and basic network components; ability to analyze and troubleshoot simple operational and data communications problems; ability to prepare and maintain records, logs and reports.
Three (3) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations support or another IT related support area.
NOTE: For State employees this is interpreted at the level of Data Processing Operations Support Specialist 1.
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
2. For State employees one (1) year as an Information Technology Technician Trainee may be substituted for the General Experience.
The preferred candidate will have the following:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.