Information Technology Manager 4
|Date Opened||3/17/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$122,972.00 - $167,674.00/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS)/Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST)-Infrastructure Services Division is seeking a Director of IT Infrastructure Services.
This position will head a newly reorganized group of technologists and service providers, principally focused on intra-building and statewide networking - including management of the State's fiber optic infrastructure - together with management and maintenance of the State's two data centers, telecom/ISP service provider management, and enterprise voice services. The current position is slated to supervise approximately 25 FTE and set strategy related to these areas, though may grow significantly as the State optimizes its service delivery and expands its presence in IaaS platforms.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. (Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications of an IT Manager 4 to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, email@example.com.
The Director of IT Infrastructure Services will:
1. Create strategy, lead technology procurement efforts, manage service delivery, manage vendors and suppliers, and maintain/operate tools to deliver (a) traditional IP networks across a distributed state-wide presence; (b) intra-facility local area networking; (c) statewide optical public safety data network; (d) highly resilient data centers and disaster recovery capability; and (e) enterprise voice services, including VOIP and some legacy systems.
2. Participate as a senior leader in the BEST organization to create, establish, and maintain a service culture, including providing mentoring to junior leaders and staff across the organization, leading at the executive level service-related initiatives among cross functional groups, and modeling critical cultural competencies.
3. Be a principal leader in managing agency partner relationships in and around the delivery of services, including interacting with Commissioners and their direct staff.
4. Be an evangelizer for and support the execution of critical security-related activities, including for critical security technologies including firewall, VPN, IPS, and similar tools; performs related duties as required.
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a managerial capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Manager 2.
1. College training in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A Master’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
1. Experience leading organizational change efforts with 30 or more team members;
2. Ten years management experience with responsibility for a minimum of 20 team members;
3. Experience managing installation, operation and maintenance of physically distributed optical and wide-area network systems;
4. Experience managing outside plant maintenance, telecom circuit providers, and network service vendors;
5. Experience in network design and architecture.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.