Old Lyme, CT
|Date Opened||3/5/2020 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 to $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||4/15/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Boating Division, is currently seeking to fill a Seasonal Resource Assistant position to support the Clean Vessel Act (CVA) Inspection program. The duty station will be the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) Marine Headquarters located at 333 Ferry Road in Old Lyme, Connecticut.
The selected candidate;
Must be comfortable with conducting independent field work,
Must be able to communicate effectively with marina owners and dock staff.
Must have a valid driver’s license and Certificate of Personal Watercraft or Safe Boating Certificate.
The position will be available from April through October, thirty-five (35) hours per week. A typical work week is Monday through Friday.
Pay rate: $11.00 - 14.00 per hour based on education and experience. No benefits.
Any inquiries regarding this position must be made directly to Kate Hughes Brown at 860-447-4340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.
The selected candidate must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Must be proficient with general word processing software, and have experience using Access and Excel.
Preferred applicants will be able to work full-time for the entire recreation season and have related experience or training.
Familiarity with recreational boating and marina operations and general knowledge of sanitary pumpout facility operations.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.