|Date Opened||2/10/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||2/19/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Children and Families (DCF), Fiscal Services Division is currently recruiting for a Fiscal Administrative Officer position. This position is located in our Central Office, 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday position (8:00 am – 5:00 pm or 8:30 am – 5:00 pm).
This position, Fiscal Administrative Officer, will be a part of the Business Office and will provide direct support to the fourteen area offices, other state agencies and internal and external customers. Examples of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accounts Payable
• Asset Management including state surplus
• Employee travel and reimbursements
• Cash Accounts
The ideal candidate should:
• Have strong customer service skills
• Have excellent organizational, and oral and written communication skills
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Be proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel, specifically Pivot Tables
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. You do not have to attach these documents to your application submission.
Candidates selected for interview must provide the following at the time of interview:
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jerica.Ortiz-Lipowski@ct.gov or 860-560-5041.
In a state agency, facility or institution this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in professional level fiscal and administrative functions.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (l5) semester hours equalling one-half (l/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business administration or accounting may be substituted for one (l) year of the Special Experience.
3. For state employees two (2) years as a Fiscal/Administrative Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
4. For state employees two (2) years as a Purchasing Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
*Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.