|Date Opened||2/6/2020 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,357 - $63,235/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Are you passionate about the health, well-being and development of children and families in Connecticut?
Do you possess the desire, values and skills required to help build a strong network of safe programs and nurturing adults who deeply value the importance of the first years of a child's life?
If so, this opportunity may be for you!
The State of Connecticut, Office of Early Childhood (OEC) is looking for a hardworking and organized Processing Technician to perform complex office duties to support the 47 staff assigned to the Licensing Division and the volume of work that is generated by licensing requirements for child care and youth camp facilities across the state. Our small, but mighty, organization touches the lives of over 200,000 young children, parents and caregivers annually through our integrated focus on early care and education programs and safety supports, our home visiting programs and other critical early childhood services. This full-time position is located in Hartford, CT and works Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
The Division of Licensing, within the OEC is responsible for implementing the child care and youth camp licensing programs in CT. We are committed to promoting the health, safety, and welfare of Connecticut’s children. More than 4,000 child care programs are licensed throughout the state. We work to ensure that all licensed programs meet state statutes and regulations through activities such as processing applications, routinely monitoring licensed programs, investigating complaints, and providing technical assistance.
The duties of the Processing Technician will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Processing all renewal applications of child care centers, group child care homes, family child care homes, family child care home substitutes and assistants
• Processing renewal and initial applications for youth camps including entry of data into the licensing system
• Entering all inspection results into the licensing system
• Generating reports (daily/weekly) out of the licensing system to identify camps due for inspection to ensure statutory mandates are met
• Processing mail
• Answering phones
• Ordering supplies
• Processing refunds
• Preparing travel authorizations and mileage reimbursements
No resume is required to be uploaded at this time. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring a resume to the interview, and may be asked to provide other performance and experience related documentation.
In state travel may be required to participate in cross-agency collaborations and to fullfil the requirements of the position.
Updates to applicant's status will only be provided through the registered JobAps account. Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Chris Beloff, email@example.com.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following experience and training:
• Experience processing applications for licensure or other credentialed status for compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures
• Experience responding to applicants, licensees, and other consumers requesting information concerning a regulatory program
• Experience with the enterprise-wide eLicense database system
• Experience maintaining an inventory of supplies and placing orders for refill within budgetary allowances
• Experience processing travel authorizations for staff
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.