|Date Opened||2/6/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,235* - $70,704/year (*New State Employees Start At Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH) is recruiting for an Epidemiologist 1. Within the Environmental Health Section, this Epidemiologist 1 position will perform daily data collection and entry, as well as using quality assurance measures for child lead poisoning surveillance. Responsibilities will include the collection of blood lead data from mandated reporters, identification of reporting issues, outreach to reporting entities to ensure compliance with reporting requirements, data matching, collaboration in the preparation and presentation of workshops, and communication with the general public to answer lead poisoning and radon related questions. Candidate must be detail orientated and be able to train audiences of varied technical skill level.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Sue Ciccaglione at email@example.com or (860) 509-7183.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in bacteriology, biochemistry, biostatistics, environmental science, health physics, industrial hygiene, physiology, public health or toxicology may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. A Doctorate in a related discipline such as medicine, public health or a natural or behavioral science may be substituted for the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class must be willing to be immunized for communicable diseases as necessary and appropriate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Public Health aims to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and advancement, fostering an environment committed to supporting individuals in all protected classes. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.