The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) / Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology-Workforce Technology Services Division is looking to hire an IT Subject Matter Expert to lead the Messaging Services Team comprised of statewide applications and tools for Email, Secure Email, Mail Gateway, Email Security, and Email Platform. Additionally, the state is embarking on introducing new products and services to migrate to a cloud based Email service model under a new statewide agreement.
The Message Services Team Lead (IT Subject Matter Expert) will be responsible for the care, maintenance, enhancement and support of the email and messaging environment. The environment is a hybrid configuration consisting of on-premise Microsoft Exchange and O365 Azure-based cloud email. The ideal candidate will have experience working in both on-premise and cloud-based email environments.
This position is located at 55 Farmington Ave, Hartford CT. This is a full-time 35 hours per week position.
If this sounds like something you would love to be a part of we encourage you to apply.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. (Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer. Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency supporting a highly complex Information Technology (IT) environment this class is accountable for functioning as a Subject Matter Expert in one of the following functional IT areas: networking, security, systems development, systems programming or database administration. This class also provides technical leadership and consultation in the areas of architecture, application design, systems programming, system integration, and/or database management OR the analysis, development and operational support of highly complex technologies affecting multiple infrastructure areas.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This position will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of messaging analysts;
- Working with email transport security TLS (Transport Layer Security) and O365 Message Encryption;
- Working with email relay and email application configuration;
- Working with Microsoft Active Directory
- Additional examples of duties can be found here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of current methods of information systems analysis, design and development; considerable knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of information technology; considerable knowledge of applications systems development principles, techniques and development; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming and languages; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business planning functions; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis and design; considerable knowledge of computer operating systems and databases; considerable knowledge of business re-engineering process; considerable knowledge of principles of data modeling and related tools; considerable knowledge of distributed systems architecture, network, middleware and object oriented analysis; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable analytical and problem solving skills; considerable ability to develop and implement system security and disaster recovery plans; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve highly complex business and technical problems; considerable ability to conduct highly complex detailed analysis and design of major computer systems and networks; considerable ability to develop reports, manuals and documentation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of experience in infrastructure systems support, programming, database administration, systems/software development, networking or technical support.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been performing advanced technical level duties or as a working supervisor in one of the following areas:
1. Designing, configuring and implementing complex networks.
2. Configuring, installing and upgrading host based applications packages and host and/or operating system software.
3. System software/application development.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory;
- Experience with email routing, protocols and DNS (Domain Name Server);
- Experience with anti-virus policy management and implementations;
- Experience using scripting tools;
- Experience with application integration;
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange and Azure;
- Experience with networking and troubleshooting email flow issues.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.