Criminal Investigation Division
|Date Opened||1/13/2020 3:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,333 - $55,542/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The mission of the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) is to instill public confidence in the integrity and fairness of tax collection; achieve the highest level of voluntary taxpayer compliance; continuously improve agency performance; contribute to the fiscal and economic well-being of the state; and provide a positive and professional workplace.
We strive to be leaner, flatter, smarter and more focused by taxpayer services than ever before. We strive every day to be efficient, effective, honest, transparent and fair. We try to be sure the voice of taxpayers is heard and that we understand the impact of our actions on their lives and businesses.
The DRS is currently recruiting to fill one (1) Office Assistant in the Criminal Investigation Division (“CID”) who will be responsible for performing a wide range of clerical and administrative tasks, ranging from the maintenance of case files to coordinating the processing of payments received by the Department in connection with criminal matters pending before Connecticut courts. In addition, the Office Assistant will assist agents by retrieving information from the state’s criminal database system (COLLECT”) as well as by fingerprinting arrestees. The Office Assistant will also assist the agency by fingerprinting new hires to DRS.
This is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday on first shift.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
If selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional, supervisory references. Employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a federal and state tax compliance check and criminal background check.
The certified list for this recruitment may be used for future opportunities within the next six (6) months at the Department of Revenue Services.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries, please contact Kylee Green, Kylee.Green@po.state.ct.us.
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.