Information Technology Manager 4
|Date Opened||1/14/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$122,972.00 - $167,674.00/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/28/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST)-Compute Services Division is seeking a Director of Compute Services (Information Technology Manager 4). This position's responsibility is to head a newly reorganized group of technologists and service providers, principally focused on computational platforms (e.g., VMWare, storage, Windows/Linux), mainframe computing and operations, database management and development support services, identity and access management and related technology. The current position is slated to supervise approximately 29 FTE and set strategy related to these areas, though may grow significantly as the State optimizes its service delivery and expands its presence in IaaS platforms, which team will also report to this position.
If this sounds like something you would love to be a part of, we encourage you to apply!
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. (Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer. Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, email@example.com.
The Director of Compute Services will be responsible for:
· Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
· Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment
· Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness
· Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
· Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
· Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
· Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a managerial capacity.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted to be at the level of an Information Technology Manager 2.
1. College training in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A Master’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.