|Date Opened||1/14/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$53,235* - $70,704/year (*New State Employees Start At Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH), Immunization program is currently recruiting for two Epidemiologist 1 positions. These epidemiologist 1 positions report to the Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance Coordinator. They will be responsible for surveillance and follow up of vaccine preventable diseases, such as measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella, and hepatitis B. Duties include interviewing cases and healthcare providers, data entry and analysis of disease data, providing public health recommendations and guidance to local health departments, and answering questions from the general public about immunizations and the diseases that they prevent. This position is full-time, first shift, 35 hours per week, typically Monday – Friday.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov or (860) 509-7180.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a related discipline including community medicine, public health or a related health science may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. A Doctorate in a related discipline such as medicine, public health or a natural or behavioral science may be substituted for the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class must be willing to be immunized for communicable diseases as necessary and appropriate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Public Health aims to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and advancement, fostering an environment committed to supporting individuals in all protected classes. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.