Harkness State Park
|Date Opened||1/9/2020 2:15:00 PM|
|Close Date||1/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy.
DEEP, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Harkness Memorial State Park, 275 Great Neck Rd. Waterford CT, 06385, will be hiring 1-2 Seasonal Resource Assistants to serve in Park Ranger capacities for winter 2020. As a primary visitor contact, this position interacts with the public to assist them in the safe and orderly enjoyment of department resources and activities, assists with operational, maintenance and protective duties as required.
Hours of work are 5:00pm to 12:00am, five days per week for a total of 35 hours. Individuals will be expected to work weekends and holidays.
Length of Position: Anticipated start in February 2020. Positions are 1030 hours in duration.
Pay rate varies from $11.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
There are no benefits or paid holidays.
Seasonal Resource Assistants serving as Park Rangers will be responsible for patrolling over 200 acres of property located in the Harkness Memorial State Park Unit. There are several historic buildings in the park unit that will be the focus of every patrol shift.
For more information about these positions contact Vincent Messino, Vincent.Messino@ct.gov
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.