|Date Opened||1/8/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$196,040 - $236,319/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Our mission at the State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
We are seeking a dynamic full-time Principal Physician (DMHAS) (PCN 105375) to join our Connecticut Valley Hospital (CVH), Administrative Services Support Division – Ambulatory Care Services. The work schedule is Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., full time, 40 hours per week.
Located in Middletown, CT (1000 Silver Street), we are easily accessible off of Route 9!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to work with us!
In this role you will be:
• Assigned patients to examine, evaluate and diagnose, and prescribe indicated treatment and preventative procedures;
• Responsible for acute medical emergencies on the psychiatric inpatient units.
Discover the opportunity to:
• Provide acute and chronic patient care;
• Complete admission and annual history and physical examination of all patients in a timely manner;
• Write progress notes at the frequency specified by policy in addition to incidental notes;
• Conduct medical screening of patients on admission;
• Participate on medical staff committees;
• Actively participate in the patients’ treatment plan;
• Coordinate clinical care with the unit psychiatrists;
• Send appropriate referrals to specialists within and outside of the CVH to ensure adequate patient care;
• Coordinate transfer of medical care with outside providers.
Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included your resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. Individuals considered for interview will be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. You do not have to attach these documents to your application submission.
Questions about this recruitment should be directed to Robert Paolitto; Robert.Paolitto@ct.gov, (860) 262-5867.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.