Goodwin State Forest
|Date Opened||11/25/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Close Date||12/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The James L. Goodwin Conservation Center is located in the James L. Goodwin State Forest, a beautiful 2,000-acre property with three ponds and 14 miles of well-maintained trails for hiking, cross country skiing and horseback riding. Currently there is a public/private partnership with the Connecticut Forest and Park Association.
DEEP, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks & Public Outreach Division, James L. Goodwin Conservation Center, Hampton, is currently seeking to fill a Seasonal Resource Assistant position. This Seasonal Maintainer performs work related to the maintenance and operation of DEEP managed lands and facilities.
This is a part-time position, 20 – 35 hours/week, with flexible schedules required for night and weekend work.
Approximate Dates of Employment: January – August 2020
Pay rates are $11.00 -14.00/hr. depending on relevant skills and experience.
Length of position: anticipated start date is in January and runs through the recreation season; anticipated duration is a maximum of 1030 hours. Typically position is 5 days per week, and includes mandatory weekend shifts.
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.The selected candidate must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.