New Haven, CT
|Date Opened||11/6/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$44,178 - $57,970/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||11/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Correction (DOC) shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law-abiding and accountable behaviors. Safe and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders. The Department of Correction has a current opening for a Secretary 1 in New Haven, CT. As a Secretary 1 in the New Haven Correctional Center, you will provide sufficient clerical support relative to the facility and medical services well as other secretarial support.
This is a full-time, first shift position, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut. Candidates who submit an untimely, incomplete or inaccurate application will not be considered for this employment opportunity.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Patrick Pathammavong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.