Eastern District Headquarters
|Date Opened||10/29/2019 12:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 - 14.00/hour|
|Close Date||12/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Support Services Division has one (1) Seasonal Resource Assistant opportunity to provide clerical support for the Eastern District Headquarters. This position provides support to all divisions, opening closing office, customer service – on phone and in-person, handling routine requests for information and/or program materials.
This position is located in Marlborough, CT.
The position is forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Duration of Position: Winter through Spring.
Pay Rate: Varies from $11.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on experience. There are no benefits.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to: Stacey McLaughlin , Stacey.McLaughlin@ct.gov, (860) 424-4133.
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
The selected candidate must work well with other staff and members of the public.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.