|Date Opened||10/16/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$105,113 - $143,324/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||11/6/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Office of the State Treasurer (OTT) is recruiting for a Debt Management Specialist in our Debt Management Division. The Debt Management Division is responsible for the issuance, management, and accounting for the State's several bonding programs. This is a full time (40 hours, Monday - Friday) position centrally located in Hartford, CT.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ronnell Young at Ronnell.Young@ct.gov or (860)702-3144.
This position will be filled in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
(1) Experience in financial management involving the preparation, organization and implementation of complex financial transactions to meet policy goals. Experience developing and managing a bond program, pricing and marketing bonds, making rating agency presentation or experience in investment banking. Experience preparing financial reports, official statements, enabling bond legislation and reviewing bond documents.
(2) Experience in leading the design and implementation of loan programs, bond indentures, investment policies and other strategies to meet program goals. Experience using computer spreadsheets, loan cash flow models, or other computer applications for financial analysis. Experience evaluating economic conditions influencing bond markets.
(3) Experience coordinating various parties and setting timetables involved in executing bond issues producing major reports or other complex financial transactions. Experience leading inside and outside professionals in completing time sensitive transactions with successful results.
(4) Experience managing debt service budgets for bond issuance programs, managing accounting and reporting systems, and in producing management reports from accounting information. Experience managing requests for proposals or other vendor procurement and contracting processes. Experience with regulatory compliance with Internal Revenue Service and other regulations for tax exempt municipal bond issuance including in arbitrage compliance and reporting, managing accounts, auditors, tax lawyers and other professionals contracted to assist in the preparation of financial statements, tax law compliance or other regulatory compliance.
(5) Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience is drafting and interpreting state statutes relative to fiscal matters and bonding authorizations.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.