|Date Opened||7/11/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,072* - $45,076/year (See introduction section below for starting salary information)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, State Department of Education invites applicants to apply for a full-time Custodian position within The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System. This position is located at O'BrienTechnical Education and Career School in Ansonia, CT. The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System serves approximately 11,200 full-time high school students. In a high school environment, the incumbent will be responsible for performing a full range of custodial duties as assigned by the Building Maintenance Supervisor. Second-shift hours are Monday-Friday , 2:15 PM - 10:15 PM.
*The entry level starting salary for this class will be ten percent (10%) below Step 1 of the Salary Grade. Upon completion of the Initial Working Test Period the incumbents salary will be adjusted to the TC pay plan, Step 1 of the salary grade for this class.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Nancy Flynn at Nancy.Flynn@ct.gov, (860)713-6659.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
1. Two (2) years of experience performing custodial work in a middle school, high school or college setting.
2. Experience stripping, waxing and burnishing floors using floor polishers and buffers.
3. Experience in the setting up and breaking down of school events and classrooms with emphasis on moving furniture and returning classrooms to their normal setting after summer cleaning.
4. Experience removing snow and ice from stairways and walkways around school buildings.
5. Experience performing minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily tasks.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.