OIM - Application Development
|Date Opened||7/3/2019 3:15:00 PM|
|Salary||$97,306 - $124,508/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), we are dedicated to conserving, improving and protecting our natural resources and the environment- and increasing the availability of cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Office of Information Management is currently seeking an experienced and successful IT Supervisor to lead a dynamic Applications Development team in a diverse and expansive state agency. The Applications Development team is responsible for development, database, reporting, records management, project management, and GIS.
In this position, you will stay abreast of the latest application developments and leverage Agile principles to manage a wide portfolio of projects that support both internal DEEP staff as well as our public clients and constituents.
The position will be located at DEEP Headquarters, 79 Elm Street in Hartford, CT.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday – Friday, from 8:00-am to 5:00 pm (flexible).
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about this position should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: DEEP.HumanResources@ct.gov, (860)424-3006.
This position is competitive. Open to the public.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Also check your SPAM or Junk folders. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Applicants invited to interview will be requested to supply the following:
Non-State Employees- three (3) professional references, with contact information;
Current State Employees- Last two (2) performance appraisals.
Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews the work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans unit work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; develops or makes recommendations on the development of policies and standards; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; maintains software licensures and other related requirements; establishes and coordinates disaster recovery plan; establishes system security procedures and practices; performs facility and capacity planning and configuration management; supervises system performance analysis, tuning or storage management; develops host and network security policies; evaluates and recommends new strategies, technologies and technological directions to management; makes recommendations and maintains contracts for hardware and/or software purchases; makes recommendations for migration and system upgrade directions; oversees analysis of upgrades for complex applications to determine functionality and necessary software customization; provides technical specifications as input into Requests for Proposal (RFP) process; participates on evaluation teams that review RFP responses; oversees testing to ensure applications meet specification requirements; develops and implements database system strategies; provides resource planning; develops utilization metrics; performs related duties as required.
The responsibilities of this specific position include:
· Supervising a team who is responsible for providing various application development support.
· Planning, coordinating, and managing projects, tasks and other work for the team.
· Personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of staff.
· Understanding state and agency needs as well as strategic IT solutions to help develop an application development roadmap.
· Applying and promoting Agile principles.
· Evaluating and overseeing vendors from procurement through the life of the project.
· Coordinating with vendors, DEEP and other state agency IT staff regarding project needs.
· Working with business units to identify potential projects and efficiencies.
· Experience supervising an applications development team.
· Knowledgeable in a broad range of new and existing technologies including .Net, SQL Server, FileNet, and GIS.
· Proven ability to lead and influence changes to systems/applications.
· Proven ability to balance and manage multiple projects and priorities.
· Experience in Agile software development and project management.
· Demonstrated talent in exercising and promoting accountability.
· Ability to resolve conflict, and communicate effectively.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.