The State of Connecticut, Connecticut State Library (CSL), has one available opening for a temporary Maintainer - Route Delivery Driver for the statewide deliverIT CT service. This busy operation requires working on your feet for most of your shift and involves:
This is a temporary, 37.5 hours per week position, with flexible hours between 5am - 2pm, Monday through Friday. This position covers statewide delivery routes that originate out of Van Block Facility in Hartford, CT. We are looking for someone with the ability to lift and move items up to 45 pounds for the duration of a 7.5 hour shift and someone who possesses a valid CT driver's license.
- Servicing a pre-determined delivery route.
- Sorting inbound and outgoing items to their proper destinations.
- Loading and sorting bins located in route areas.
- Loading and unloading vehicle.
- Regular maintenance functions.
- On occasion, operating a ¾ ton van.
Please include a resume within the “resume tab” of your application. At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Heidi Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-713-5028.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing basic tasks of an unskilled nature (e.g. requiring little prior experience or training; most tasks can be learned quickly on the job) in one or several of the following areas:
- building and equipment maintenance (operational and remedial)
- grounds care
- food services
- operation of trucks of less than five ton capacity
- parking garage
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
See attached addendum.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to learn policies and procedures; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple record keeping.
Any experience and training which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- 1 year of route delivery experience.
- Experience navigating statewide roads.
- Customer service experience.
Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility, visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights and may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and risk of injury from equipment and assaultive and/or abusive patients and/or clients.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to complete an asbestos removal program consistent with EPA guidelines for operations and maintenance during employment in this class. Incumbents may be required to use protective equipment such as respirators and safety goggles.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.