|Date Opened||7/3/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$100,712* - $128,866/year (*New State employees start at minimum of salary range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Are you a dedicated IT professional with experience providing highly efficient and effective technical support? Can you help us ensure our website maintenance, hardware computers, mobile devices, cloud infrastructure, data network, data security, and phone system services are free from disruption?
Are you passionate about helping people tackle problems? Do you seek an opportunity to lead your own unit of dynamic IT professionals in a large state agency?
If so, we would love to hear from you. The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is searching for a full time Information Technology Supervisor to join our Information Technology (IT) team.
As the supervisor of four critical IT technical support units, you will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of various computer, networking, cloud environment, and telephone systems agency-wide. For specific duties please see the "Examples of Duties" section below. This position is 40 hours per week, with a work schedule of Monday through Friday.
We are one of the largest agencies with over 3,000 employees statewide. Our mission is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. Our vision is to lead and encourage a forward-thinking and responsive IT team, striving to exceed customer expectations.
The DOT offers a competitive starting salary and excellent State benefits package including health/dental insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan, alternate work schedule options and a multitude of other benefits. We also offer the convenience of an on-site, low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and ample free parking. We are centrally located in Newington with easy access from major highways and by public transportation.
Play the video below to see what it's like to be a State employee:
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system. Applicants who submit and subsequently withdraw their application will not be able to resubmit for the same posting.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to answer additional questions and/or submit additional documentation which supports their qualifications for this position. These documents may include; cover letters, college transcripts, verification of degree completion, foreign education equivalency reports from a recognized USA accrediting service, proof of licensure, performance appraisals, employment/supervisory references, etc.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Maribel Flores at Maribel.Flores@ct.gov, or (860) 594-3174 and reference PN #31575.
As an IT Supervisor you will:
• Oversee operations of these four technical support Units:
2. Desktop and Mobile Computers Support
3. Data and Voice Network Support, and
4. Data Security and Cloud Support.
• Track, measure, and evaluate staff performance as well as the responsiveness and efficiency of day-to-day technical support provided to the Agency.
• Lead all technical infrastructure enhancements, infrastructure upgrades and equipment replacements due to end of life (EOL).
• Track software license installations, software license maintenance, and the test and maintenance of a disaster recovery plan.
• Handle the Agency's computer hardware platform and phone systems to avoid service disruption.
• Repair any technical issues immediately, in coordination with the IT Manager, to maintain optimal performance.
• Ensure that the appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet required service levels, and provide technical support and mentorship to IT operation support staff.
• Provide input to IT related capital and operation budgets.
• Share opportunities to simplify IT services through continuous improvement initiatives.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.