|Date Opened||5/23/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,721* - $61,096/year (*New Hires Start at Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/6/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut is looking for self-starters willing to make a difference. We are working to improve the experience of all those who interact with the State and are making progress, but we’ve still got work to do. That’s where you come in. Come join an organization that provides superior benefits, competitive salaries and where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services ' Platform Services Division, part of Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), seeks qualified individuals for the position of Secretary 2. This position is located at 55 Farmington Ave, Hartford CT. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. The work schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Director of Platform Services.
The successful candidate will perform skilled clerical work and provide general secretarial support to our departments. The Secretary 2 will be responsible for creating and maintaining purchasing records, coordinating meetings for management, be a resource for staff and other office functions. This position is ideal for someone who is motivated, able to prioritize work assignments and capable of working without supervision.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
(Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the duties outlined below this position:
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.