Southbury Training School
|Date Opened||5/14/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$10.10 - $11.00 per hour depending upon education and relevant experience|
|Close Date||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) - Southbury Training School - has three (3) Summer Worker (Grounds Maintenance) job opportunities. Candidates must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
Hours of Work: These are full-time, seasonal positions working Monday through Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm that will end as of September 12, 2019.
Pay rate is $10.10 - $11.00 per hour depending upon education and relevant experience.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
If selected for further consideration, applicants may be required to provide 2 letters of reference.
• Must be at least 18 years old as of June 7, 2019.
• Applicants must be able to work for the full season and must complete all required DDS training.
• Must have a valid driver's license, will be required to travel
• Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff. Must be able to lift and transfer light equipment.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Naisha Roman at Naisha.Roman@ct.gov or 203-294-5030.
In various agencies as a summer employee performs one or more tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature in providing a variety of services to clients or the public in one of several areas. This class may also be used during the winter college intersession for a period not to exceed six weeks.
Minimum and maximum hourly rates will be subject to the following criteria:
1. Returning Summer Workers may receive $.50 an hour additional compensation for each season of service up to the maximum hourly rate.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860-418-6022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.