|Date Opened||5/13/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,684* - $56,009/year (*New State Employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH) is currently recruiting for a Secretary 1 within the Connecticut Tumor Registry program. This Secretary 1 position will be accountable for performing a full range of secretarial support functions for the unit. Responsibilities will include preparing minutes, memos, letters, purchase requisitions, travel arrangements and reimbursements and other related duties.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Sue Ciccaglione at email@example.com or (860) 509-7183.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Public Health aims to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and advancement, fostering an environment committed to supporting individuals in all protected classes. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.