|Date Opened||5/10/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$81,531 - $116,893/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||5/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites its current DOT employees to apply for two (2) positions of Transportation Engineer 3 (Engineering) in the Bureau of Highway Operations in the DOT Administration Building, Newington. The positions are full time, 40 hours per week, and are in the P-4 (Engineering and Scientific) bargaining unit. The incumbents will serve as advanced working-level project engineers assigned to the DOT Newington Highway Operations Section. Please review the Examples of Duties section below for more details.
The successful candidates must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, etc. both within and outside of normal working hours, when necessary. A valid motor vehicle operators’ license is required.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current employee of the Department of Transportation, who has permanent state status, hold a valid Driver's License and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening in order to be eligible to apply. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Applicants invited to interview will be required to produce a copy of their last two service ratings. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Diane Tyc at Diane.Tyc@ct.gov (Reference PN 116211, 116212).
1. Possession of Professional Engineer (PE) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
2. Possession of Engineer-In-Training (EIT) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
3. A Master’s degree in engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
4. Current incumbents in the class of Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING) who do not possess the degree or certification/licensure qualifications as detailed on this class specification may be considered for promotion to Transportation Engineer 3 (ENGINEERING) upon having three (3) years of experience in transportation engineering. One (1) of the three (3) years' must have been as a Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING).
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
2. Incumbents may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.