Target Class: Qualified Craft Worker (Auto/Mechanic)
Old Saybrook, CT
|Date Opened||5/11/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,763 - $59,425/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Transportation Maintainer 3. The purpose of this Transportation Maintainer 3 position is to repair and maintain the Department of Transportation's diverse fleet of highway maintenance equipment; performing a variety of repair and maintenance duties directly focused on the truck and equipment diagnostics, to include class 1 through 8 vehicles and heavy construction equipment; to operate and maintain more complex mechanical equipment; work as a skilled mechanic and have experience working with automotive repair software including diagnostic and repair information; have a working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems and experience in welding and fabrication. Candidates must have automotive/diesel repair knowledge and work experience; refer to the "Preferred Qualifications" listed below.
This Transportation Maintainer 3 position has a target class to Qualified Craft Worker (Auto/Mechanic) TC 18, to be evaluated after completing a 6-month initial working test period. This is a 37.5 hour position located at the Old Saybrook Repair Facility. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Incumbents in this class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice removal, whenever his or her services are needed; to include mandatory winter overtime from November 1 through April 30. Incumbents in this class will be required to have a 30-mile residency from the posted job location.
In order to be eligible to apply and be considered for this job opening, you must:
• Have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with Tank endorsement;
• Possess a valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC);
• Meet the Minimum Qualifications with experience in automotive/diesel repairs of heavy equipment;
• Meet some of the Preferred Qualifications listed below, and;
• Specify these qualifications on your application.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Applicants invited to interview will be required to produce a copy of their current valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B, with Tank endorsement, and valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC) at the time of interview or they will be immediately disqualified. Candidates are also required to submit a thoroughly completed Connecticut Department of Transportation Commercial Driver Supplement (CTDOT-CDL-1).
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Maintainer 3 vacancies that occur at the Old Saybrook Repair Facility in the next twelve (12) months. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ann Januszewski at Ann.Januszewski@ct.gov. (Reference PN 28903)
The following is a listing of examples of trucks, equipment, tasks or related duties, the operating, maintaining or performing of which are considered to be the responsibilities and duties of positions in this class:
- Elevation platform
- Line marking machine (10 wheel, barrel type)
- Concrete saws
- Core drills
- 12-22 foot flail mower (tractor)
- Four wheel drive airport snow fighter
- Front end loaders
- Hand operated pavement marking machine
- Mechanical catch basin cleaning
- Power Driven Rollers
- Power pickup sweepers
- Shotcrete, gunite machines
- Tilt Bed Trailers
- Post Pounder (driver only)
- Vactor (driver only)
- Track-mounted skid steer with various attachments including but not limited to: standard bucket, grapple bucket, mower, snow blower, sweeper, dozer blade
- Drainage pipe setting
- Driver of wing truck with plows attached during snow and ice truck operations
- Performing skilled tasks in one or more of the following areas or trades: construction, maintenance, mechanical repair, electrical, carpentry, masonry, welding, automotive and heavy equipment mechanical repair, plumbing and painting.
- Test boring
- Skilled tree climber
- Inspector of VIP projects
- District Office Radio Operator (backup)
- Service patrol
- Sign erector (general)
- Pothole patcher operator
- May supervise a Materials Management Stockroom
- In addition to other duties, may assist a Transportation Maintenance Manager in preparing and checking reports
- Wildlife hazard control - Radio monitoring and communication - Escort vendors, contractors, etc. in secure areas (State owned airports only)
In addition to other duties incumbents in this class may be required to receive training in, stand by for and respond to fire and/or crash emergency situations at State-owned airports; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.