|Date Opened||5/7/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$42,684* - $56,009/year (*New State employees start at the minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve. The Western Connecticut Mental Health Network (WCMHN), Administration Division, is currently recruiting a Secretary 1 for its Torrington office. This is a Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 40 hr/week position located at 249 Winsted Road in Torrington.
This Secretary 1 provides support to the outpatient clinic in the care, treatment and recovery of clients with a serious mental illness, substance abuse disorder and/or medical conditions. You will greet and direct visitors/clients; answer phones and take messages and also answer questions requiring knowledge of agency terminology and the agency organization. You will arrange and coordinate meetings (including space and equipment); write minutes of meetings; schedule appointments, reminder calls and request medical records from outside agencies. Working as a team member with other agency clerical staff to cover agency-wide clerical initiatives is also expected. Duties include preparing statistical reports for the agency; calculating and completing agency mileage sheets; organizing and maintaining employee key card activation and deactivation; composing letters/memoranda for supervisor’s signature; formatting and typing a full range of correspondence, reports and drafts, proofreads for content; editing using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Please include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application submission. Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. You do not have to attach these documents to your application submission.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment can be directed to Irena Baj Wright, email@example.com or 860-262-5907.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Demonstrated customer service skills interacting with individuals in a clinical or hospital setting while dealing with sensitive/confidential information.
• Experience with office technology, i.e. computers, copiers, calculators, etc.
• The ability to transcribe/prepare meeting minutes, draft letters, reports and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & Powerpoint, etc.).
• The ability to stay organized and use sound judgement while working with competing deadlines.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.