|Date Opened||4/13/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$62,587 - $80,229/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||4/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites its qualified agency employees to apply for the position of Transportation Maintenance Planner 1 located in the Office of Maintenance, Special Services Section. This position is 40 hours per week with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Applicants invited to interview will be requested to supply a copy of their Resume and Driver's License.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Department of Transportation, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ann Januszewski at email@example.com. Reference #29141
1. College training in civil engineering or a related field may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
For State Employees:
2. Experience as a Transportation District Electrical Supervisor, Transportation District Services Agent 1, Transportation Engineer 1 (Construction Engineering) in Highway Maintenance, Transportation General Supervisor (Bridge Maintenance) (Maintenance) (Signs and Markings) or Transportation Supervisor (Bridge Maintenance) may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. One (1) year of experience as a Transportation Landscape Designer 1 may be substituted for the General Experience.
4. Three (3) years of experience as a Transportation Maintenance Crew Leader (Bridge Maintenance) (Electrical Maintenance) (Highway Maintenance) (Signs and Markings) (Tree Maintenance) may be substituted for the General Experience.
5. Four (4) years of experience as a Transportation Maintainer 4 responsible for highway maintenance projects or related highway maintenance activities may be substituted for the General Experience.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.