|Date Opened||4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$51,434* - $68,313/year (*New State Employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||4/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH), is currently recruiting for an Epidemiologist 1 (Infectious/Chronic Diseases) to work within the Infectious Diseases, Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program. This Epidemiologist 1 will be responsible for providing technical assistance and working with local health departments in the management of patients diagnosed with tuberculosis (TB). These activities include educating local health departments, providers and patients about TB, monitoring treatment adherence and complications, and assisting in interviews and contact investigations to identify others at risk for exposure for TB for testing and treatment.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov or (860) 509-7180.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a related discipline including community medicine, public health or a related health science may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. A Doctorate in a related discipline such as medicine, public health or a natural or behavioral science may be substituted for the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class must be willing to be immunized for communicable diseases as necessary and appropriate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Public Health aims to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and advancement, fostering an environment committed to supporting individuals in all protected classes. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.