|Date Opened||4/11/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,852 - $43,551/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||4/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, State Department of Education invites applicants to apply for a full-time, first shift Custodian position within The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System. This position is located at Cheney Technical Education and Career School in Manchester, CT. The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System serves approximately 11,200 full-time high school students. In this school environment, the incumbent will be responsible for performing a full range of custodial duties as assigned by the Building Maintenance Supervisor. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
For all other inquiries, please contact Ryan Howe at email@example.com.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
1. Two (2) years of experience performing custodial work in a high school.
2. Experience waxing and polishing floors using floor polishers and buffers.
3. Experience moving furniture in a school and/or setting up classrooms.
4. Experience removing snow and ice from stairways and walkways around school buildings.
5. Experience performing minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.