|Date Opened||4/12/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$67,346 - $97,227/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||4/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is seeking to fill a Transportation Engineer 2 (Construction Engineering) position in the Bureau of Engineering and Construction, Office of Construction, Survey Operations Unit (District 2 Surveys, Norwich). This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position in the P-4 (Engineering and Scientific) bargaining unit.
The Surveys section staff perform various mapping and land survey duties; utilize a CADD (computer aided design and drafting) system and other computer applications; utilize ArcGIS for geographic information system (GIS) applications; prepare, revise and edit complex property acquisition and release mapping; create and maintain complex geospatial survey data layers to compliment present and future CTDOT GIS applications; operate survey instruments in a Geodetic Survey Party; coordinate, review and act as liaison between Survey Operations and various CTDOT units; utilize aerial photography and photogrammetry to develop planimetric mapping, topographic mapping and Digital Terrain Models (DTM’s); perform complex computations for survey control networks; and perform related duties as required.
The successful candidate must be available to attend meetings outside of normal working hours, when necessary. Travel for field work, training or conferences may be required. A valid motor vehicle operator's license is required. This position may be assigned to perform field work with exposure to year round weather conditions, traffic and/or construction.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance appraisals, cover letters, college transcripts, verification of degree completion, foreign education equivalency reports from a recognized USA accrediting service, licensure, employment/supervisory references, etc.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Engineer 2 (Construction Engineering) vacancies that occur at the Department of Transportation, Bureau of Engineering and Construction, Survey Operations Unit, in the next twelve (12) months. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ann Januszewski at email@example.com. Reference: TE2 Surveys #30287
1. Possession of Land Surveyor (LS) licensure or Professional Engineer (PE) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
2. Possession of Land Surveyor-In-Training (LSIT) licensure or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
3. Possession of at least Level III certification, from the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET), in one of the following Civil Engineering Technology Programs may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement:
a. Transportation Construction Inspection Program - Highway Construction Inspection
b. Construction Materials Testing Program - Asphalt or Concrete
c. Transportation Program - Highway Materials, Highway Surveys or Highway Construction Inspection
4. Possession of a Level III Survey Technician Certification from the National Society of Professional Surveyors may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
5. A Master’s degree in engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
1. Incumbents may be required to possess appropriate certification from the New England Transportation Technician Program (NTTCP).
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.