East Hartford, CT
|Date Opened||4/10/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,763 - $59,425/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||4/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites its qualified agency employees to apply for the position of Transportation Maintainer 3 (Skilled Hand Painter) located at the East Hartford Signs & Markings Facility. This position is 37.5 hours per week, with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The duties of the position include, but are not limited to, performing skilled hand painter duties.
Incumbents in this class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice removal, whenever his or her services are needed; this includes mandatory winter overtime from November 1 through April 30. Incumbents in this class will be required to have a 20-mile residency from the job location.
Applicants invited to interview will be required to produce a copy of their current valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B, reflecting the "tank endorsement," and valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC) at time of interview, or they will be immediately disqualified. Eligible candidates will be required to participate in a skill evaluation practicum.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Department of Transportation, who has permanent state status*, hold a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with Tank Endorsement, possess a valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC), and meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your skilled hand painter experience on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the skilled hand painter requirements of the position. Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill future Transportation Maintainer 3 vacancies, requiring skilled hand painter work experience, that occur at the Department of Transportation, East Hartford Signs and Markings Facility, in the next twelve (12) months . Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Diane Tyc at Diane.Tyc@ct.gov. Reference #28848
Applicants must have moderately skilled experience in tree climbing and tree cutting work and the ability to work at heights. The following is a listing of examples of trucks, equipment, tasks or related duties, the operating, maintaining or performing of which are considered to be the responsibilities and duties of positions in this class:
- Elevation platform
- Line marking machine (10 wheel, barrel type)
- Concrete saws
- Core drills
- 12-22 foot flail mower (tractor)
- Four wheel drive airport snow fighter
- Front end loaders
- Hand operated pavement marking machine
- Mechanical catch basin cleaning
- Power Driven Rollers
- Power pickup sweepers
- Shotcrete, gunite machines
- Tilt Bed Trailers
- Post Pounder (driver only)
- Vactor (driver only)
- Track-mounted skid steer with various attachments including but not limited to: standard bucket, grapple bucket, mower, snow blower, sweeper, dozer blade
- Drainage pipe setting
- Driver of wing truck with plows attached during snow and ice truck operations
- Performing skilled tasks in one or more of the following areas or trades: construction, maintenance, mechanical repair, electrical, carpentry, masonry, welding, automotive and heavy equipment mechanical repair, plumbing and painting.
- Test boring
- Skilled tree climber
- Inspector of VIP projects
- District Office Radio Operator (backup)
- Service patrol
- Sign erector (general)
- Pothole patcher operator
- May supervise a Materials Management Stockroom
- In addition to other duties, may assist a Transportation Maintenance Manager in preparing and checking reports
- Wildlife hazard control - Radio monitoring and communication - Escort vendors, contractors, etc. in secure areas (State owned airports only)
In addition to other duties incumbents in this class may be required to receive training in, stand by for and respond to fire and/or crash emergency situations at State-owned airports; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.