Three Rivers Community College (TRCC) is one of the State of Connecticut higher learning institutions, providing students with an accessible, affordable, and culturally diverse community college experience. Located in Norwich, CT, we pride ourselves on providing varied educational needs by creating an environment that stimulates learning with values such as: Teaching and Learning; Integrity and ServiceCommunity; and Diversity.
We are seeking qualified individuals to fill 2 full-time Custodian positions at 574 New London Turnpike, Norwich, CT. These positions operate 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday, 4:00pm - 12:00am.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Lori Angel, email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of basic tasks in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Individuals will be assigned areas throughout the college and will be responsible for the following duties:
- All Custodial tasks throughout the main building
- sweeping, mopping, dusting, and stripping and waxing floors
- Collect and dispose of all trash and recycling to the appropriate containers
- Custodial cleaning will be necessary in all offices, classrooms, and bathrooms throughout the building
- Washing and polishing windows
- May need to move furniture for cleaning purposes
- Performs related duties as required
Incumbents in this class:
- May be required to lift moderate to heavy weights and may be exposed to risk of injury from equipment
- Must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity
- Must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple record keeping.
Any experience and training which would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Previous custodial experience. Experience in floor care. Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions and ability to operate tools and equipment used in daily work.
Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits, and/or certifications.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights and may be exposed to risk of injury from equipment and/or patients and/or clients.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.