|Date Opened||3/26/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$105,623* - $144,021/year (*New State employees start at the minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||4/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Insurance Department (CID) located at 153 Market Street in Hartford, CT is seeking an Insurance Actuary (Property & Casualty) for the Property & Casualty Division. The position is full-time (40) hours per week, M-F, however, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
The selected candidate will review, analyze and finalize all applicable Property & Casualty (P&C) rate filings submitted to the Insurance Department. These rate filings include Workers' Compensation, Personal Auto, Homeowners, Medical Malpractice and other P&C filings; reviews of ISO, AAIS and NCCI loss costs filings as well as residual market rate filings for AIPSO, NCCI and the Fair Plan. Secondary responsibilities include supporting the P&C Division, with product development issues and by creation and development of reports that will analyze market trends and overall competitiveness.
The selected candidates will need to provide documentation to support meeting the General Qualification Standards (including continuing education requirements) promulgated by the American Academy of Actuaries. Please ensure your application is complete and you have included your Resume in the 'Resume Tab' of your application.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact CID's Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, (860) 297-3936.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
* Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain working relationships with the actuaries responsible for developing the rate filings submitted for review
* Oral and written communication skills to present regulatory positions and determinations to insurance company representatives, Department staff and the Office of the Insurance Commissioner
* Ability to concurrently manage multiple projects with moving deadlines
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
* Familiarity with pricing techniques and actuarial standards of practice, as well as strong knowledge of General Linear Models (GLM’s) and different techniques used on their development
* Designation of MAAA (Member American Academy of Actuaries) is a preferred requirement.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.