|Date Opened||2/4/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,987 - $83,233/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||2/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) - is seeking to fill a Leadership Associate position with the target class of Human Resources Associate in the HR Employment Services unit based in Wallingford, CT. This position is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced, high demand, multi-faceted environment.
As a Leadership Associate, you will be required to successfully complete a training plan, not to exceed two (2) years (dependent on candidate's education and experience). The selected incumbent of this position will participate in a development program designed to develop the knowledge and skills needed in order to qualify for appointment and advancement to the Human Resources Associate class. You will learn by doing as part of a dynamic Human Resources team.
This is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 1st shift. However, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
This position is open ONLY to current State employees.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must meet one of the following:
In addition, this job opportunity is limited to current State of CT employees, who have permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, attendance, supervisor references, college transcripts, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license and will be required to travel.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Daimar Ramos at Daimar.Ramos@ct.gov or (860) 263-2625.
The selected incumbent of this position will participate in a development program designed to develop the knowledge and skills needed in order to qualify for appointment and advancement to HR Associate class. They will perform/learn the professional duties associated with HR management included, but not limited to the following:
• Orientation for new hires / assist with completion new hire forms - will serve as backup for agency wide onboarding orientation
• Aspects of recruitment using JobAps (e.g. prepping and distribution of postings, certifying positions, developing referral questions, sending out notices, scheduling interviews)
• Conducting required background checks for new employees to the agency
• CORE -CT possessing of Job Data & Position Data transactions for designated areas:
- Reviews and enters Job Data transactions (e.g.. new hires, transfers, promotions, separations)
- Enters Name, Address, Employee Status changes in Core-CT
- Review/Complete appropriate forms when EE has a name, address, or beneficiary change and forward to the Retirement Division
- Position data for transfers
- Temporary Service in Higher Class processing
• Develops and utilizes queries in CORE-CT and OBI/STARS to create various workforce reports
• Maintain position information in SharePoint
• Audit of CORE transactions to ensure benefits are processed properly
• Audits and maintains seniority data in CORE-CT
• Maintain long term temp transfer requests
• Counsels employees on employment, benefits, career development, transfers, separations and recruitment
• Technical assistance to supervisors
• Verbal employment verifications
• Other related duties as required
• Ability to use Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
• Some experience with CORE-CT with Human Resources modules
• Ability or some experience creating and running ad-hoc queries using EPM and/or OBI-STARS
• Some experience conducting recruitments
• Ability to solve problems resourcefully and creatively
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio and Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of work and prioritize effectively to achieve results in a set timeframe
• Considerable oral and written communication skills
• Considerable customer services skills
• Considerable interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and to work cooperatively as part of a team
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in human resources management, business administration, public administration, industrial/organizational psychology, or other closely related field.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860-418-6022 or email@example.com.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.