Are you looking to make a difference while working in a dynamic and collaborative IT team in the public sector?
Do you have experience working with complex EPM systems while also supporting operating applications?
If so, this position might be right for you!
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is recruiting for a full-time thirty-five (35) hours per week, 7:30am-3:30pm, Information Technology Analyst 2 to work for the Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), in the Application Services division.
At DAS we strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, private industry, and the public.
Located at 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford, we are easily accessible for all commuters!
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of the application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org, (860) 713-5166.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Primarily function as an Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Developer and Data Integration Specialist on the Core-CT Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Warehouse Team;
- Supporting ongoing technology operations with maintenance, testing and upgrades associated with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other Integrated Centralized Systems;
- supporting the Core-CT (Peoplesoft) EPM Data Warehouse technologies including, but not limited to:
- application development of content, ETL Data Maps and Views;
- fixing and debugging system and tools issues;
- retrofitting system and fixes;
- identifying data issues and fixes;
- performing data analysis, modeling and transformation;
- performing on-call batch support and monitoring;
- performing data conversions;
- performing application and tools upgrades;
- and other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in one of the following areas:
1. Installation and support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems.
2. Analysis, design and development of information systems.
3. Network hardware and software installation and support.
4. Network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with Oracle Peoplesoft Application Designer and Peopletools 8.49 or higher;
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Tools, Ascential DataStage 7.0, Oracle Data Integrator 11g;
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and of Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL);
- Experience in data mapping and modeling of Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD);
- Experience and ability to work independently using initiative and analytical skills;
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.