Our mission is to create operational efficiency for our agencies and improve how citizens and businesses interact with state government.
If you enjoy change and transformation, this is an exciting time to join the Application Services Division!
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is looking to hire an individual to fulfill a System Administrator position. We are recruiting for a full-time Information Technology Analyst 3. In this key role, you will own the day to day configuration support for the new Kronos Workforce Advanced Scheduler module.
At DAS we strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, private industry, and the public.
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of the application.
*New state employees start at the minimum annual salary.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Elena Vazquez at Elena.Vazquez@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
In this 35 hour per week position, you will be responsible for:
- Ownership of the system interfaces for the WFM Solution;
- Building and designing the changes to the interface files to address needs for data elements, file layout, custom fields, and data transformation;
- Monitoring the daily and weekly system interfaces to exchange data between Kronos and Peoplesoft;
- Leading the effort to fix and resolve data discrepancies and file import/export errors;
- Owning the impact analysis of business process changes that impact changes to data elements and file layout as a result of system configuration changes; participating in testing of new system improvements and production fixes introduced by the vendor;
- Creating the standard operating procedures for production support monitoring; ensuring systems are in alignment with regulatory/compliance, privacy, and security requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex technical support functions in one of the following areas:
1. Assisting in the design, implementation and management of a major communications network.
2. Providing technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or mini-computer system.
3. Assisting in the installation and maintenance of major sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software.
4. Participating in the design and development of system applications.
5. Serving as a project coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with Work Force Management tools (Kronos) and proprietary systems (Structured Query Language (SQL), .Net);
- Experience with Kronos customization, configuration and implementation in the following modules: Workforce Management and Advanced Scheduling;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio);
- Experience using ticketing system to manage staff, service level agreements (SLA's), and provide executive level reports.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.