Our mission is to create operational efficiency for our agencies and improve how citizens and businesses interact with state government.
If you enjoy change and transformation this is an exciting time to join the Application Services Division!
At the State of Connecticut, Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is looking to hire an individual to fulfill an Integration Specialist position. We are recruiting for a full-time Information Technology Analyst 2.
At DAS we strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, private industry, and the public.
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of the application.
*New state employees start at the minimum annual salary.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Elena Vazquez at Elena.Vazquez@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This is a 35 hour per a week position and will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the daily and weekly system interfaces to exchange data between Kronos and Peoplesoft;
- Providing support to fix and resolve data discrepancies and file import/export errors;
- Participating in impact analysis of business process changes that impact changes to data elements and file layout as a result of system configuration changes;
- Participating in testing of new system improvements and production fixes introduced by the vendor;
- Maintaining standard operating procedures for production support monitoring;
- Monitoring consistency with regulatory/compliance, privacy, and security requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in one of the following areas:
1. Installation and support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems.
2. Analysis, design and development of information systems.
3. Network hardware and software installation and support.
4. Network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with integration tools with Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) /Payroll systems;
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Central (WFC) 7.0 Version (on-prem or Cloud solution) and Workforce Integration Manager (WIM) Tool;
- Experience and knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Expertise with Oracle/Peoplesoft applications.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.