|Date Opened||11/30/2018 10:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$40,901 - $54,737/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||12/7/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) - Central Office - has one (1) current full-time job opportunity for an Office Assistant in the Human Resource Employment Services unit based in Wallingford, CT.
This is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 1st shift. However, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
This position is open ONLY to current State employees.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
If selected for further consideration, at time of interview, State employees will be required to provide last two (2) service ratings and attendance records.
Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license and will be required to travel.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanant status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Daimar Ramos at Daimar.Ramos@ct.gov or (860) 263-2625.
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
The position will perform supportive clerical duties relating to human resources management including, but not limited to the following:
• Maintains filing system for active paper personnel files. Maintains storage procedure for terminated employment records.
• Works with other agencies in employment paper file transfers for employees transferring from or to agency.
• Maintains paper recruitment record files.
• Handles the performance evaluation process and entry into CORE-CT for each employee based on their bargaining unit rules.
• Prepares and maintains human resource forms including new employee orientation packets.
• May conduct required background checks for new employees to the agency.
• Responds to inquiry from applicants regarding the application process and the use of JobAps.
• Conducts annual mandatory DMV checks for appropriate DDS staff.
• May assist with maintaining position information in SharePoint.
• May assist with Tuition Reimbursement process.
• May assist with CORE-CT maintenance as it relates to name and address changes.
• May assist agency supervisory staff by monitoring working test periods and may enter completion of working test period transaction into CORE.
• Assist HR professional with special projects.
• Conducts verbal employment verifications.
• Other related duties as required.
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.
• Experience in human resources (especially in the area of recruitment)
• Experience utilizing CORE-CT (especially the Human Resources module)
• Ability and willingness to do filing
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including using/creating Excel spreadsheets and Word documents and Outlook
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Considerable interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent attention to detail
• Experience successfully scheduling and prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadline
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial clients will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860-418-6022 or email@example.com.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.