|Date Opened||12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$51,434* - $68,313/year (*New State Employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health is recruiting for an Epidemiologist 1 (Infct/Chrc Dis) in the Public Health Initiatives, Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology and Emerging Infections Program. This Epidemiologist 1 will support the Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network (FoodNet), a federally funded program of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Specifically, the position will support statewide foodborne/enteric disease surveillance, assist with outbreak detection and investigations, and conduct a FoodNet project aimed at better understanding and controlling antimicrobial resistant foodborne infections.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Deb Lyons at Deborah.Lyons@ct.gov or (860) 509-7180.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a related discipline including community medicine, public health or a related health science may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. A Doctorate in a related discipline such as medicine, public health or a natural or behavioral science may be substituted for the General Experience.
• Experience conducting infectious disease surveillance or comparable experience;
• Experience communicating with healthcare professionals, local health department officials, and/or the general public;
• Experience conducting epidemiological investigations involving interviews of cases or controls using standardized questionnaires
• Experience independently using computer software (such as ACCESS, Excel, EpiInfo, and SAS) for systematic data collection, data manipulation, and epidemiological analyses;
• Experience summarizing epidemiological data through the use of text and graphics to describe analyzed data.
1. Incumbents in this class must be willing to be immunized for communicable diseases as necessary and appropriate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Department of Public Health aims to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and advancement, fostering an environment committed to supporting individuals in all protected classes. If you require an aid/accommodation to participate fully and fairly, please contact the Human Resources Office at (860) 509-7177.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.