Our mission at the State of Connecticut, Department of Administrative Services (DAS) is to create operational efficiency for our agencies and improve how citizens and businesses interact with state government.
Are you a skilled Senior Linux/Unix Administrator with experience in a variety of infrastructure systems?
Are you fascinated by systems designs and data center operations all while making a difference by providing the best customer support experience?
Discover this exciting opportunity to join DAS' Bureau of Enterprise and Systems Technology (BEST) team. We are recruiting for a full-time, 35 hours per week, Information Technology Analyst 3.
Great for all commuters, we are located in Hartford, at 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
(Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.)
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Elena Vazquez at Elena.Vazquez@ct.gov, (860)713-5166.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Server administration/installation/support (multiple Unix/Linux Operating Systems);
- Responsible for helping deploy, maintain, and support a range of hardware and software components;
- Lead, oversee and implement software upgrades, patches and hot fixes;
- Aggressively monitor system performance and capacity planning;
- Build and modify Linux scripts;
- Embedded in team with wide variety of tasks/roles assigned;
- Handle standard service request fulfillment and fielding incident tickets;
- Participate in IT projects teams as needed;
- Participate in team meetings as needed;
- Participate in ITIL processes per department standards;
- Help with after-hours maintenance or incident response.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex technical support functions in one of the following areas:
1. Assisting in the design, implementation and management of a major communications network.
2. Providing technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or mini-computer system.
3. Assisting in the installation and maintenance of major sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software.
4. Participating in the design and development of system applications.
5. Serving as a project coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux - 10 years of Linux experience;
- AIX (Advanced Interactive Executive) - 5+ years of experience;
- zLINUX (Linux Operating Systems for IBM Mainframes) - 3+ years experience;
- Technical analytical skills and interpersonal skills;
- Customer Service skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.