Putnam Memorial State Park
|Date Opened||11/27/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00 per hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||12/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
Putnam Memorial State Park in Redding was the site of the Continental Army's 1779 winter encampment under the command of General Israel Putnam. The site consists of remains of the encampment, reconstructed log buildings, a Visitors Center and a museum.
The Putnam Memorial State Park Unit of the CT State Park and Forest System also provides staff support to Kettletown State Park and Campground in Southbury as well as Southford Falls and Huntington State Parks, among other state lands in that area of the state.
DEEP, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks Division, Putnam Memorial State Park in Redding is currently seeking to fill multiple Seasonal Resource Assistant positions.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this park’s positions must be made directly to the individual park, Nathan.Hale@ct.gov.
Positions available are listed under Examples of Duties.
Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-October
Pay rates are $10.10 -14.00/hr. depending on relevant skills and experience. No benefits.
Length of positions: anticipated start dates vary by position and runs through the recreation season; anticipated duration is a maximum of 1030 hours.
Most positions are typically first shift, but other positions will be second or third shift. Typically positions are 5 days per week, and include mandatory weekend and holiday shifts.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 16 years old.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.