Cockaponset State Forest
|Date Opened||11/26/2018 08:05:00 AM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00 per hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||12/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
Cockaponset, named after an Indian chief who's buried in the Ponset section of Haddam, is the second largest state forest in Connecticut. The development of this area for recreational purposes allows visitors to fully enjoy the attractiveness of the land, woods, and streams within the forest.
This Unit of the CT State Park and Forest System also provides staff support to Chatfield Hollow State Park in Killingworth, Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown and Middlefield, Millers Pond State Park in Durham, Eagle Landing and Haddam Meadows State Parks in Haddam, the Pattaconk Lake recreation area within Cockaponset State Forest, and a number of other state-owned properties in the Lower CT River Valley.
DEEP, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks Division, Cockaponset State Forest, with reporting locations of Chatfield Hollow State Park, Killingworth Wadsworth Falls State Park, Middletown Millers Pond State Park and Eagle Landing and Haddam Meadows State Parks in Haddam, is currently seeking to fill multiple Winter Seasonal Resource Assistant positions.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this park’s positions must be made directly to the individual park, Alexander.Sokolow@ct.gov.
Positions Include: (see details under Examples of Duties)
Seasonal Maintainer: Performs work related to the maintenance and operation of DEEP managed lands and facilities. Minimum Age: 16
Approximate Dates of Employment: December 2018 - January 31, 2019.
Pay rates are $10.10 -14.00/hr. depending on relevant skills and experience. No benefits
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 16 years old.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.