Are you an employee of the State of Connecticut, Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and looking to advance your career with our agency? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Health Management Administrator and invite you to apply today!
In this role, you would work full time (40 hours/week), on the first shift, Monday-Friday at our Central Office, located in Hartford. However, flexibility to meet the needs of the agency is a requirement.
We would continue to offer the same competitive benefits you are accustomed to as an Agency employee. This includes health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick, and personal leave accruals.
In this position, you would responsible for administering and coordinating the Waiver Operations division. This includes rate setting and billing for DDS waivers. Additionally, among other duties, you would be in charge of:
We hope you take this opportunity to further your career as a DDS employee!
- Leading all aspects of statewide case management oversight
- Supervising DDS eligibility staff and case managers
- Implementation of training programs, including waiver compliance training tools and benefits planning
- Developing policies, procedures, and regulations for waiver requirements
- Collaborate and represent DDS on statewide and national committees, councils, and boards
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Department of Developmental Services, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and specify their qualifications on their application. Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- Incumbents will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
- Incumbents may be expected to travel statewide.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
At any point later in the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation that supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisor references, college transcripts, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at (860) 418-6022 or Renee.LaBarge@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES: this class is accountable for administering the Waiver Operations division which includes rate setting and billing for DDS waivers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Administers agency waiver operations
- Oversees statewide case management direction, including development of case management staffing needs
- Oversees DSS eligibility staff and case managers for certain settings and programs
- Develops waiver content, contracts, and reports
- Collaborates with the state Medicaid agency to conduct work responsive to federal requirements
- Implements and evaluates statewide program policies based on waivers, assurances, and reports
- Designs and plans waiver outcomes, oversight, and program monitoring
- Translates waiver requirements in order to develop policies, procedures, regulations, and other written materials pertinent to delivery of waiver services
- Implements program training and waiver compliance training tools and benefit planning
- Collects, prepares, and disseminates waiver data, including primary oversight of targeted case management revenue trends
- Collaborates with state agencies to promote equal access to medical benefits for DDS-eligible individuals as appropriate
- Represent DDS on statewide and national committees, councils, and boards
- Conduct trainings, presentations, and facilitation in agency-wide, systemwide, statewide and national forums
- Assists with preparation of agency budget projections
- Assists with preparation of policy and legislative documents
- Facilitate planning and implementation of waiver-related agency projects
- Performs related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of various public health systems and programs; considerable knowledge of one or more of the following programs: maternal and child health, handicapped children, social work, oral health, nutrition, veterans health or human services, behavioral health or substance abuse; considerable knowledge of medical care for abused, neglected or individuals with intellectual disability and/or other underserved groups; knowledge of public health education principles and practices; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of experience in a managerial capacity in a health care organization/division related to agency's service population.
Note: Managerial capacity is defined as formulating program goals and objectives, developing and implementing program procedures, initiating program policies and developing and/or monitoring a budget.
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES: the General Experience is interpreted as two (2) years of experience at the level of Children and Families Program Director.
Preference will be given to those individuals who possess:
- Experience in leading teams and multi-unit collaboration
- Experience conducting research and program planning
- Experience implementing large-scale program implementation
- Experience developing and promulgating policies and procedures
- Experience in developing regulatory and legislative materials, as related to program and service delivery
- Experience designing and implementing accountability and reporting tools
- Experience being responsible for delivering formal and informal training
- Experience communicating with system-wide stakeholders
- Experience working with Medicaid operations
- Experience with general Medicaid eligibility, operational processes, and programs and experience connecting this to DDS-eligible individuals
- Experience communicating clearly, efficiently, and amicably with people from diverse backgrounds
1. Incumbents in this class who are physicians, dentists or psychologists must be eligible to obtain a license to practice in Connecticut and must obtain one within six months of employment and retain it during the course of employment.
2. Incumbents in this class who are physicians may be required to be board certified in pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, internal medicine, family practice, child psychiatry, emergency medicine, preventive medicine or infectious disease practice.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
4. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.