|Date Opened||5/21/2020 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$81,457- $104,646/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/5/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Office of the State Comptroller (OSC), is an agency whose mission is to provide accounting and financial services, to administer employee and retiree benefits, to develop accounting policy and exercise accounting oversight, and to prepare financial reports for the state, federal and municipal governments and the public.
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity currently available for a full-time Information Technology Analyst 3, with responsibility for the Oracle Exadata Linux clusters and all Linux virtual server administration, supporting the Core-CT Peoplesoft databases and web application services. This position works first-shift, 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday and is located at the newly renovated State Office Building, located at 165 Capitol Avenue in Hartford, CT. This state-of-the-art building offers an on-site cafeteria, free garage parking and ergonomic workspaces. The Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Specific duties of this position include:
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position. State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in the class may apply for a lateral transfer. Special Requirement: Incumbents in this class may be required to travel. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
All applicants must include a resume within the “Resume Tab” of their JobAps application. Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit a cover letter along with three (3) business references. Additionally, current State employees will be required to submit their last two performance evaluations and last two years of attendance records. Questions about the required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Ginger Frasca / email@example.com.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES AND THOSE RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE INDICATED ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
All Functional Areas: Diagnoses host system problems and develops and coordinates resolutions; manages planning, analysis, design, selection, installation and implementation of new technologies; evaluates new technologies; tests and evaluates new hardware and/or software; makes recommendations for hardware and/or software purchases; determines interface and utility requirements and creates design specifications; acts as liaison to hardware and/or software vendors, system developers, programmers and management; develops and implements network and system security guidelines; makes recommendations for migration and upgrade directions; trains operators, systems developers and users on new procedures; conducts system performance analysis, tuning or storage management; conducts technical training programs for IT staff; acts as project coordinator overseeing other technical staff and support personnel; plans, coordinates and directs multiple projects of assigned staff; reviews work of assigned personnel; calculates project time and cost estimates; prepares necessary procedural specifications to meet design requirements; arranges necessary hardware and software availability; oversees hardware and software vendors; manages project budgets and schedules; reviews work of assigned Information Technology Analysts and serves as consultant and/or troubleshooter; reviews documentation work of assigned staff; communicates with business owners and management; facilitates meetings; assists in development of information technology policies, procedures and standards; participates in Request for Proposal (RFP) process; implements disaster recovery plans, assists in determining critical applications and personnel, or ensures offsite backups; defines data flow; performs related duties as required.
Working Supervisor Use: Plans unit workflow and determines priorities; schedules, assigns, oversees, and reviews work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; provides staff training and assistance; conducts or assists in conducting performance evaluations; acts as liaison with operating units, agencies, and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; make recommendations on policies or standards; prepare reports and correspondence; performs related duties as required.
Systems Programming: Performs the most complex duties related to application development; develops and implements system programming standards; configures and installs host-based application packages; maintains host operating systems; installs and upgrades host and/or Front End Processor (FEP) operating system software; performs other related duties as required.
Software Development: Configures and installs host-based application packages; analyzes upgrades for complex applications to determine functionality and necessary software customization; writes program specifications and systems specifications; designs forms, screens and reports; performs related duties as required.
Database Administration: Provides advanced level database support and troubleshooting; designs, installs, tunes and maintains integrity of major host-based database; leads integration efforts, transitioning applications to new technology; performs related duties as required.
Network Support: Designs and implements complex communications networks; diagnoses and resolves problems using network management systems and utilities; performs related duties as required.
IT Security: Develops, tests and maintains agency disaster recovery plans designed to restore IT system operability; develops process and procedures in support of IT Business Continuity Planning; conducts platform recoverability assessments and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to determine and assess the impacts associated with disruptions to business functions; conduct risk analysis of IT environments by assessing administrative, technical and physical safeguards; performs IT investigations to include maintaining chain of custody procedures; performs forensics and documents detailed reports of findings; performs related duties as required.
Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following experience and training:
• Expertise in Oracle and/or Red Hat Linux operating systems.
• Experience with SAN infrastructure (IBM SAN attached storage, Fiber Channel switch technology and configuration, etc.). Expertise with SAN enterprise-level storage hardware, software and supporting fabric administration.
• Experience supporting Linux environments for at least one of the following: Oracle RAC database environments, Oracle Exadata, Oracle/PeopleSoft 9.2. or large ERP application environments
• Experience supporting a VMWare environment and Linux system deployment under VmWare.
• Knowledgeable in the installation, configuration and testing of fixes, patches and security updates to the Linux operating system and services. Knowledge of Yum and RPM patching methodology.
• Expertise in server backup and recovery tools; TSM preferred.
• Experience with complex server capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning and optimization.
• Experience with cloud architecture and developing and accessing cloud architectures
• Expertise with UNIX scripting.
• Expertise with F5 network load balancing configuration and administration. Knowledge of load balancing technologies and best practice for various F5 modules, basic knowledge of F5 iRule programming and general troubleshooting and monitoring practices.
• Familiarity with Web technologies including: Weblogic, Oracle HTTP Server, Tuxedo, IIS. Experience with support of complex web hosting network architectures.
• TCP/IP network experience including DNS, routing protocols, network switch configuration, Firewall rules, VLAN technologies.
• Experience with Linux files systems, security practices, and monitoring tools.
• Five (5) years’ of experience in infrastructure systems support, Linux Administration, database administration, systems/software development, networking or technical support.
• Proven leadership and communication skills.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.